Friday 19 October 2012

A Really Disguised Campaign

Have you spotted anything unusual around London last month? I wish I wasn't on holiday, because I've missed it! But I'll get over it by writing about it. It seems like a good way to let it go...

THE CAMPAIGN

In September 2012, lifestyle TV channel Really created a camouflage campaign to launch Covert Affairs, a new drama TV series. What did they do? They've invaded London with secret spies! 




(Images taken from here)

Teaming up with artist Carolyn Roper, Really used urban camouflage to promote the new series. On 16th September, a number of spies hid around London, blending with background elements and shocking passers-by only when moving. The stunt evoked the TV series' CIA drama theme. The 'special agents' hid all over London in iconic locations such as a London red bus in West London, a black taxi outside the Royal Albert Hall, and a stall in Portobello Road. 

MY OPINION

I simply love this series of stunts! I believe this was a very creative and evocative idea to symbolise the TV series' theme. A stunt needs to shock, it needs to create that buzz. I believe this is definitely an example of clever PR. It captured the attention of the people passing by and generated good media coverage. Moreover, it makes a statement about Really - it marks the TV channel's image as innovative and intriguing, with an artistic flavour.

However, I might be biased because this campaign involves urban art, which I love.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the stunts!

No comments:

Post a Comment